Now Hiring!


Why yes, we are!

Hello there fans of Pseudoroid (if there are any, I guess)! The staff here would like to let you know that we are now hiring for writers here at Pseudoroid. If you like video games, anime, comics, movies, etc., go ahead and email us at pseudoroid@gmail.com, and we'll give you further information from there.

And, as always, try to spread the word so we can become more well-known. It's lonely having 10 viewers only.

-Pseudoroid Team

Monday, July 26, 2010

Comic Con 2010 Game Impression: Marvel vs Capcom 3

Probably the first thing we rushed to was the Capcom booth, as it's known for being dedicated to video games. What we found was a store full of great stuff, a section set up for taking a picture of you in the Dead Rising 2 universe, and a whole upper deck dedicated specifically to Marvel vs Capcom 3.

As I made my way up to the Marvel vs Capcom deck, I saw that the line was anything less than friendly. Still, I was able to get my turn rather quickly, as only a couple matches after I entered the line, the Capcom employee asked if there were any other single players ready to battle. Apparently the ten people in front of me all wanted to play against each other, so I took my chance and when up there.

My opponent was a 25-some player who looked like he was going to kick my ass. And he did. I own Marvel vs Capcom 2, so I wanted to get a feel of the characters that I had yet to play as before. Seeing as Thor and Amaterasu were both left outside of the demo, I decided to go with Deadpool, Dante, and Chris. My opponent decided the exact opposite, and picked the characters he knew would allow him to win: Iron Man, Dr. Doom, and Wolverine.

Needless to say, I was pretty much destroyed. Iron Man plays exactly as he did in MvC2, so the guy seemed to know exactly what he was doing. I didn't get a great feel of anyone but Chris, as I was destroyed far too quickly to really do anything. Chris was a fun fighter though, and his long range focus kept me away from this guy's partner attacks. I also managed to use one of Chris's Ultra attacks to knife, pistol, shotgun, and bazooka the shit out of Dr. Doom. I ended up killing Doom and nearly killing Iron Man; my opponent never had to use Wolverine.

My combination of characters were terrible choices, to be honest. Partner attacks had Chris and Dante lunging forward and totally missing my opponent, so Iron Man continued to batter me as Deadpool. I had hoped to be able to be lucky enough to play around with the fight stick, but I ended up in an XBox 360 section, playing with the controller I was least familiar with. They had a somewhat-helpful little diagram on the bottom, dictating what buttons did what, but I ultimately ended up button-mashing as if my life depended on it.

The game itself, much like MvC2, can be very one-sided depending on who knows (or doesn't know) what they're doing. Button-mashing can take care of a lot for your combo needs, and pretty much bring your opponent to the point where they can't lay a finger on you. And frankly, I'm more used to playing Super Street Fighter IV on my PS3, which I feel doesn't focus on button-mashing quite as much as the MvC series. Ultimately, as I said, I was obliterated pretty quickly. Felt bad, bro. Especially because I only got the chance to play one game throughout the entire day.

The game is incredibly fast-paced and the match actually did not feel that long, despite the fact that we each had three characters. As Deadpool, I just sort of jumped around and did kicks, and with Dante I only managed to use gun attacks for whatever reason. As I said, Chris was a majority of my gameplay time, and that's not saying all that much.

Combat isn't flawed, and it honestly feels a lot like Marvel vs Capcom 2 in 3D. As previously stated, Iron Man seemed to have nearly the exact same feel, and as I watched other matches on the gigantic screens streaming atop the booth, I noticed many of the other veteran characters looked like that too. The game looks nice, feels nice, and will ultimately be awesome. I'm positive of it.

But adding Gene or Phoenix Wright wouldn't hurt.



No comments:

Post a Comment